Thursday, July 5, 2012

Overcast

I've been reading a book about starting an Etsy Business and it talks about taking pictures on an overcast day to get some of the best light.  And since then, we have not had any overcast weather, except for the 2 hours in which I took the kids to the pool today... by myself... this afternoon. 
God, don't you know how hard it is to get 3 little kids ready for the pool?  It was sunny when I started getting them ready.
I got them all changed, pottied and lathered up with sunscreen and snacks and drinks ready for this 100 degree day.  I checked the forecast before leaving - only predicted a spotty chance of rain this evening.  As soon as we got out of the van at the Y, I knew it was bad because I heard thunder.  We got in the Y and the outdoor pool was closed but I figured - hey, it will blow over - since that's all it does lately - a little clouds and nothing else- and they will reopen the outdoor pool. But after an hour of swimming in the indoor pool with a zillion other families who thought the same as me and over an hour of constant rain, we headed back home.  I'm glad we did get some swimming in but, man, we can go to the indoor one all year long.  I am grateful that we got the rain, it just could've happened in the middle of the night.
And with this messed up excursion, I also missed some primetime overcast picture taking.  So a lot of pictures continue to be either too dark or too light.  They will have to wait to be improved.
Soon to be listed on Etsy....  Earrings
 Soon to be listed on Etsy... Bracelet
 Soon to be listed on Etsy... Necklace
 And a bracelet for myself - instructions taken from 'Bohemian Inspired Jewelry'

No comments:

Post a Comment