Friday, May 29, 2015

Pretty Palettes May Challenge

I love the image from this month's Halcraft Pretty Palettes Challenge and Reveal. It is so crisp and clean-cut, yet a little adventurous.  Plus, the retro vibe is very cool.  
A little late for finishing, but nevertheless, another month of inspiration turned into 2 necklaces and a pair of earrings.  I started seeing other blogs with the reveal pop on my feedreader but I didn't look at any until mine was finished and posted - that takes a bit of restraint...  and lots of motivation!

Close up of the bold and playful pattern. Leaping fox!
Here they are:
First, a necklace with all the colors.  I used the beads that Erin picked out from Michaels and added some matte gold seed beads that matched the bicones perfectly and a bead with poppy flower on it - reminiscent of a retro flower.  This was the only necklace that I incorporated all the colors.  It turns out I had a hard time designing with all of these colors.

Second, a necklace in a very retro looking black and gold theme.  Fairly simply.  I added chain that was from Michaels and too.  I like their heavier, thick chain that they have been stocking.  It creates a substantial piece of jewelry.

Third, a pair of black and red earrings.  A little wire-wrapping holds the red beads secured to the front of the black bead and they look perfect for this University of Cincinnati Bearcat fan.  The bracelet is something I made awhile ago, but don't the two look great together?



Erin, Thanks for picking out another great inspiration to work with. 

3 comments:

  1. Always fun to see what you come up with, Miss Denise! I love the very tribal feel of that first necklace. And the second one is timeless. SO glad you could come out and play with us (and yes, you had a lot of restraint to not peek at others' first!). That is why I leave the InLinkz open for at least a week! Next reveal will be on Wednesday, June 3. Yikes! I best get busy picking one! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the beautiful black and gold piece with the heavier chain. It's simple, but so striking and would go well with a lot of outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you used the coral as a spacer between the black black beads..the necklace turned out beautifully! And the simplicity of the black and gold necklace is just lovely! The earrings and that bracelet really do compliment each other very nicely!

    ReplyDelete