Monday, February 27, 2017

Other Hobbies

Like most other jewelry makers, I have other crafty hobbies (several other crafty hobbies).  Over the holidays, knitting was my thing.

My niece is very much into Harry Potter, so I made her a Harry Pottery scarf.  Unfortunately, it took me until a month after Christmas to finish it. 
The lighting is not very good because I was trying to package it up quickly after finishing it or I was afraid it would never go out in the mail. 
With this scarf, I liked that there was no front and back.  It is a great thick scarf for the cold winter.  But if you are making it for a kid, I would suggest casting on less stitches.  Here's the pattern:  http://www.sumoftheirstories.com/2013/10/harry-potter-scarf-pattern.html

In the fall, I also filled the request of my youngest kid, for a minecraft hat: 

The pattern is a purchased download in Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/minecraft-inspired-steve-hat
And how many times has it been worn?  Not very often, because it soon got replaced with a Target-purchased Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hat.  And that is why I have a love/hate relationship with knitting anything for my kids. I love that they want something their mom made, but hate that they don't have any appreciation for the time it takes.  I guess that sums up most of motherhood.  😖😜

No comments:

Post a Comment