Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wedding Shower


























For Kevin's Sister Kim! This past Sunday was Kim's shower. Janet and I had a lot of fun planning the shower and I think that Kim (and everyone else) had a lot of fun at it. In fact, it was so fun that I forgot to take a lot of pictures after everyone came. We had a Vegas theme - in light of Kim and Scott's honeymoon choice. We found the cutest favor boxes (although they aren't Vegas themed) and chocolate that looked like dice, playing cards and dice. We found gumball slot machines but it was too late to get them - I didn't realize there were so many options for Vegas-themed showers and weddings. And where are the pictures of Kim and her Grandma or Kim and her niece? Sometimes having a good camera doesn't mean I have a mind to get all the good pictures. I'll get some at the next shower.


Our weather has been a little out of sorts these last few days. I think we even hit a near-record low last night. And this means we can go outside and play and not sweat, which, by the way, I don't mind. Bring on the heat!!! But Kevin minds and so he was enjoying some time with Daphne. This picture is even more surprising because Daphne hurt her foot on Saturday and being the worried parent (not the smartest nurse), we took Daphne to have her toe x-rayed on Saturday. She had tripped on the floor, like she does quite frequently, not even 2 feet away from me. Next thing I knew, she was bleeding from a cut under her toe and wouldn't put any weight on her foot. Thank goodness it is just a bruise - no fracture. I don't want to be known as the person who breaks infant's legs or feet. (if you don't know the story, don't ask). She's doing much better now, but still likes to point out her boo-boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment