Saturday, February 28, 2015

Art Bead Scene February Month Challenge

Somehow I actually finished on time this month.  I usually have the intention in joining in on this challenge but seem to rarely finish.  I even finished all the components I wanted to make for last month's challenge but have yet to finish the bracelet I was planning. 
Check here for the lovely inspiration:  http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-monthly-challenge.html 
The picture has Flowers and Butterflies - I can't wait for Spring!  Color!   I'm already tired of the snow and the winter blah-ness and we've only had real accumulation for a week and 2 days.  Nothing to complain about this winter but still very much disliked!

Here is my entry:
I used the Carmine bead in Marsala with Daisy Pattern by Cindy Kovar from Captured Moments.  Isn't is wonderful?  The color and pattern are just so cheery.  It looks like something that can be worn with a lot of outfits. 
 I had a lot of debate with how to do the chain.  At first, I was making a beaded chain by wire-wrapping the beads but the beads were a little thick and, frankly, I like the look of big chunky bracelets but they seem to get in the way unless I have a day of total leisure (with 3 kids, Ha!, wouldn't that be extraordinary?!).  So, I was looking for a low profile chain but something to balance the size of the focal and then I remembered the links I had made awhile back from Cindy Wimmer's 'Missing Link' book.  They attach together terrifically.  Some Vintaj jump rings and Czech beads to add in some of the other colors from the inspiration piece and a flower lobster clasp and...  completed on time. 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I am a huge fan of Cindy's book, and those links work perfectly with your gorgeous focal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the pretty focal and the handmade chain

    ReplyDelete