Friday, October 30, 2015

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Do you know the Knock, Knock joke with the banana and the orange?
I have little kids, so Knock, Knock jokes are pretty prevalent around our house. 

My friend had asked for a choice of some orange earrings so I went ahead and got inspired.  With Lots of Orange.  But since I'm really not a big wearer of bright orange, I chose different shades and different metals, like copper to go with the orange inspiration. 

Stunning lampwork leaves from Beadfairy, Carnelian briolettes, a brass cage and niobium earwires that perfectly combine the brass and copper combo.
 Beautiful Swavorski elements make these simple earrings a real stunner.

Orange with a slight hint of yellow swirly lampwork discs hang from sterling silver earwires.  A simple orange combo.  These discs were purchased a few years ago at a bead show, but I'm pretty sure they are from Kimberlys Corner.  (Kimberly Branch).  She has the loveliest discs - and in so many colors!
Burnt orange polka dot ceramic beads by BoHulleyBeads accented with tiny turquoise lampwork rondelles and some large Saki Silver sterling silver earwires.  This color combo is so fun!
Orange Carnelian wire-wrapped with a purple stone dangle. 
Copper beads and silver findings combine to make the perfect rustic earrings.

Lastly, orange red faceted Czech glass rondelles topped with a translucent aqua cap spattered with gold.  Those aqua beads have 2 holes in them - one in the center and one off to the side.  I think they are a type of seed bead but I can't remember the name.  They were purchased at my local bead store. 
And there's a matching bracelet for the earrings:


You can find all these earrings in my shop now!  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Gemsofsummer

No comments:

Post a Comment