Sunday, October 25, 2015

Art Bead Scene: October Monthly Challenge: Winged Goddess Ma'at

I feel like I needed a bit of a shake-up.  I've been working on some beadwork, but that involves lots of patterns.  It requires color inspiration but the how-to is given.  And I love how my techniques have grown but it's fall again and time for some general design inspiration.

Monthly, I look at the Art Bead Scene Challenges and have ideas but nothing comes to fruition.  And somehow I missed the challenge with an ocean theme, which is really my favorite thing to design around.

This month's inspiration is from the tomb of Queen Nefertari. 

My inspiration came directly from a suggested bead artist (who also lives in Ohio, yah!).  I normally don't buy orange beads unless presented with a challenge like this, so I actually sought out an art bead that fit the challenge.
I made 2 bracelets and a pair of earrings, using wonderful lampwork beads from Spawn of Flame.

The first bracelet and earrings are my favorite.  Only using a limited color palette, the etchings in the silver findings remind me of the hieroglyphics. 
 
The second bracelet has the blue and orange colors, a great combination and a matte version of the same lampwork beads as in the other bracelet and earrings.

These items are no available in my shop:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Gemsofsummer

2 comments:

  1. I'd say you hit the nail on the head! I especially love the first bracelet...Rosemarie's beads are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subtle look of that first bracelet and of the earrings are very attractive. They feel soothing. The second bracelet is perfect for a bit of attention grabbing. Both are great
    Mona

    ReplyDelete